Saturday 2 March 2013

Episode 6 - Chapter 64


 “Swift?” I asked, “But not very pleasant, I take it?”

“They respect the sanctity of life,” Oak replied, “In so far as they can.”

“So what happens now?” I had to ask, though I didn't want to know the answer.

“I have been told,” he said, “To prepare for an evacuation and await further instruction. To that end I will draw your son and his wife back to the Warp, and we will all get ready to leave.”

“How will you wake them?” I asked.

“There is a chant that human consciousness is drawn to. I simply have to whisper it in their ears.

“I can't let you do that,” Mary said, behind us. I heard a fleshy crack and Oak slumped to the ground beside me.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.