Sunday 1 September 2013

Episode 8 - Chapter 10

“Did you say the cats have chosen a side?” I asked.

“I did,” Oak replied, still rubbing his wrists.

“And that's unusual is it?” I enquired, not quite believing I was asking such a thing. “The cats don't usually take sides.”

“They tried,” he said, “Back when the Forest first formed to take action, but it didn't really work that well.”

The cats themselves, meanwhile, still in human form, were brushing up against my wife, purring.

“Why not?” She asked, looking a little on edge.

“In short,” Oak replied, “Because they're willful little bastards incapable of following even the simplest of orders.”

Mary considered this for a moment, then asked “What was the message from Raven?”


“He just said “Agent in the Field.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.