Wednesday 11 September 2013

Episode 8 - Chapter 20

“Now if you'll excuse me,” Oak said to us both, “I really should communicate these latest developments to the Forest at large.”

“But the cats,” Edward said, “You say they've chosen a side?”

“I did indeed,” Oak replied irritably.

“Well?” my husband demanded, “Which side have they chosen?”

Oak paused for a moment, a frown danced across his forehead. “Yours,” he said finally, “The cats, well, these two at least, have taken your side.”

“We like your...” the dark haired cat-woman said.

Her brown haired companion added “...house, and the food...”

“...is exceptional.” they purred together.

Meanwhile Oak had thrown back his head, as if to shout at the ceiling, but no words came out. Instead there was the sound of strong winds, gusting somewhere remote and bleak. This caused both cats to scurry under the table, hunched up and tense.

After a few moments he stopped. “What now?” I asked.


“Now I await their reply.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.