Saturday 21 September 2013

Episode 8 - Chapter 30

“Well then,” I said, “If we're back to hanging around waiting, I'm going to pop the kettle on.”

“Good idea,” Mary said, “Let's have a nice pot of tea.”

“Actually Mary,” I replied, “I'm going to have a coffee, it's way past my bedtime, I need something to help me stay awake.”

“Do me one too then,” she said, “Make it with milk.”

“Cappuccino for da lady,” I said in a very poor Italian accent, and winked. “Oak?”

“A glass of water would be well received.”

Despite all the confusing events of those last few hours, I really was feeling rather jolly.”

“The cats are on our side, boom tish,” I found myself singing as I entered the kitchen. “The cats are on our side, tish boom.”


Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.