Wednesday 25 September 2013

Episode 8 - Chapter 34

“I'm floating,” Robert whispers to himself, “High, high above everything else. So high I can barely see this car, it's just a tiny spot racing across a white landscape. So high even the pen looks small.”

Slowly he begins to zone out the noise of the pen dragging across the ground, the roar of the cars engines. He starts to feel a gap open between his body, which is being flung around in the back of the car, and his conscious mind.

“I'm floating up here,” he whispers, “None of that matters up here.”

He feels the air around him once more, brushing his arms, holding him up.

“Now I'll open my eyes,” he says, picturing himself doing just that, “And read what it says.”

And he does just that: he opens his eyes, gasps at the words and snaps back into his body in the car.

“Did you read it,” Raven demands as he opens his eyes.


“Yes, yes I did,” Robert replies, “It says Corvus Must Die.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.