Tuesday 3 September 2013

Episode 8 - Chapter 12

“You!” Fiona glowers at the Author, “You're...”

“Very regretful of my unspeakable behaviour at our previous encounter,” the Author replies. “Appearances had to be maintained, just in case we were observed, but it can't have been a very pleasant welcome for yourself. I do hope you'll accept my complete and sincere apologies.”

“What happened?” Robert asks, “What did you do to my wife?”

“I was a brute, and a cad,” the Author tells him, “Expecting your good wife to understand the dynamics of the Market from the moment she arrived, without ever explaining them to her.”

“And the reckoning you promised?” Fiona asks.


The Author smiles. “I think you should mark that card as filibuster and leave it at that.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.