Monday 23 September 2013

Episode 8 - Chapter 32

“Just breath,” Robert whispers to himself. “In....pause....out....in....pause....out.”

He continues like this for a few minutes, slowly zoning out first the noise, then the jostling as the car skids and swerves to avoid the pen and ink. Finally, his mind is completely at peace.

“Now then,” he says to himself, “Now I'm floating, high above the pen. I can feel the air around me, feel how it brushes my skin.”

The hair on his arms and the back of his neck tingle as he feels air moving around him.

“I'm lighter than a feather,” he says, “Floating on high. Now, what can I see?”


He pictures himself high above, floating, opening his eyes. The first thing he sees is the top of the pen, moving back and forth on its own accord. “There's nobody holding the pen,” he says, “It's writing itself.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.