Saturday 15 February 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 41

“Tell me now,” Mary demanded accusingly, holding her blade at Oak's throat, “Once and for all, is this your doing?”

“Mary!” I exclaimed, utterly flummoxed by her actions. “What on earth do you think you're doing?”

“Quiet!” she commanded, flashing me a look.

That's when I knew something had gone seriously amiss. There was a glint in my wife's eye I'd never seen before, not in all our years of marriage. It was something that I knew, quite instinctively, wasn't her. Something that made my blood run cold with dread.

“Mary,” I pleaded, despite myself, “Try to take a deep breath and think about what you're doing.”


“I said quiet,” she replied, waving the knife at me for a moment. I stepped back, the shock of it taking control of my legs. She returned her attention to Oak. “Well?” she demanded once more, “Speak.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.