Friday 21 February 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 47

"Why don't you cut Mister Oak loose,” Mary said, pointing towards our captive.

“Right oh,” I replied, transferring the knife to my right hand as I leant forward to attack Oak's restraints. It was only when I got close that I realised the washing line was lying in a pile on the floor by the chair legs. Oak had obviously managed to free himself, yet had sat passively for the duration of Mary's outburst.

“Hang on,” I said, when Oak caught my eye, slowly shaking his head to silence me. I frowned at him in response, questions bubbling in my mind. His gaze was steady and unflinching. His eyes flicked to Mary, then back to me, before he cocked his head slightly to one side.

“What?” Mary asked, still a little dazed.


“Nothing dear,” I replied, gathering the washing line in my hands. “What do we do now?”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.