Saturday 22 February 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 48

I looked at my husband, fumbling with the clothes line uncoiling in his hands. He was hiding something, I knew that from his tone of voice. He's not a good liar, never has been. I suppose it's one of the things I love about him.

Still feeling disorientated, I glanced at Oak. He looked straight back at me, his gaze strong and steady. Solid, you might say. I found that rather comforting, I don't know why.

“Well?” Edward asked, “What now?”

He kept his eyes firmly on the washing line, so I wasn't sure if he was talking to me or Oak, but I did know what I wanted to do next.


I shook my head, trying to clear the last of my grogginess. “Now, my dear,” I said, “It's time to find out what's coming down the stairs.” And with that, I turned and reached for the living room door.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.