Thursday 20 February 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 46

I honestly felt as if I'd just woken up from a long, deep sleep. I looked at Edward, concern drawn across his face, knife pinched gingerly between the fingers of his left hand. Oak looked on passively, his gaze flicking between my husband and myself.

“I...” I began to say, but found myself lost for words.

“You don't need to speak, Mary,” Edward said, “Just take some deep breaths.”

“What happened?” I asked, trying to keep the panic I was feeling out of my voice. “What did I do?”

“It doesn't matter,” Oak said calmly, “It wasn't you.”

“Wasn't me?” I asked, feeling the panic surge through me like a wave. “If it wasn't me, who on earth was it?”


He was about to reply when we heard that terrible thud again, closer now, whatever it was nearing the foot of the stairs.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.