Tuesday 18 February 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 44

I glanced at my husband, catching the look of horror on his face, then at my hand, realising as I did how tightly I was holding Oak's mouth closed.

“Y...yes,” I replied, a little bit shocked if I'm being truthful. I honestly had no idea what I'd just done, suddenly aware of the weight of the knife in my other hand. “Yes, of course,” I said, releasing Oak. “W...well?” I continued, a little shakily, “What have you got to say for yourself?” I pointed towards the ceiling. “Is that the Forest.”

Oak coughed uncontrollably for a moment, apparently struggling to catch his breath.

“Well?” I demanded, feeling the anger rise in me once more.

“Mary!” Edward admonished once more, “Give him a chance.”

“Sorry,” I said, stepping backwards, allowing the knife to drop to my side, “Sorry.”


Oak cleared his throat, about to reply, when we heard another thud from the stairs.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.