Sunday 23 February 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 49

“Is that wise?” I asked, unable to stop myself.

Mary stopped, turning back to look at me. I could feel her tutting, even if I couldn't hear it. “I don't think wisdom has a place in this house at the moment,” she said, her voice heavy with resignation. She let go of the door handle, taking a step toward me. “But I've had enough,” she continued, and I could see it in her jaw. “Enough of these things happening to us. Enough of feeling attacked by things that go bump....” She paused, glancing at Oak. “Enough of feeling like we've done something wrong. I don't know what's out there in the hallway, but whatever it is, I'm ruddy well going to give it a piece of my mind.”


She turned back to the door, flung it open and stepped into the hallway. “Oh!” I heard her exclaim with surprise.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.