Tuesday 3 June 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 23

 “No!” I shouted, cold dread creeping through me when I heard Oak's conclusion.

“Surely there must be something else you can do?” Although he was wearing his tactful expression, I could tell my husband was just as concerned as I.

“I really don't see what else there is,” Oak replied. “This house, this whole area, they really will have to go, there's no alternative.”

“Yes, there is,” Raven said firmly. Before he could continue, Oak interrupted.

“Don't talk rot,” he spat, “You, of all creatures, should know our rules, despite your shift in sympathies.”

“My 'sympathies' have nothing to do with it, despite what you may think,” Raven told him. “I have every respect for you, but you and your kind are old, and slow to adapt. What we have here is something so new, so unheard of, that the usual protocols simply do not apply.”

“And what is it you suggest?” Oak asked, “What is it that you would have us do? Just let the Weave run riot? Allow all and sundry to come through unchecked?”


“No,” Raven replied, “We must summon the Council.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.