Friday 6 June 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 26

 “And that means destroying the house, doesn't it?” I asked. I already knew the answer, and didn't want to hear it from Raven, but I couldn't stop myself.

“Not just the house,” he replied sadly, “Probably the whole village as well. But it's not by any means a forgone conclusion. There are....many factors for them to consider.”

“Piffle!” Oak snorted, “All you're doing is stalling the inevitable!”

“Be quiet!” Raven snapped at him again, before turning back to me. “May I proceed?”

I looked at Edward, seeking reassurance, but all he could offer was a shrug of his shoulders. “Might as well give it a go, old girl,” he said, taking my hand, “Looks like we've nothing to lose.”

Tentatively I nodded at Raven, giving my consent.


“Thank you,” he said, grabbing a pot plant from the sideboard. In a flash, he'd upended it onto the table, creating a big pile of mud. “Now,” he continued, as he shaped it with his hands, “I'm going to need a jug of water.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.