Monday 23 June 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 43

 “Silence!” the wind roared, so loud, so certain, it made my ears hurt.

A tense hush descended over the room. From the look on my husband and son's faces, they were both as bewildered by events as I. We were all trying to follow events as they unfolded, but in all honesty none of us had a clue what was going on.

“Bird!” the wind commanded. In response, Raven snapped to attention, but remained silent. “Can you explain this...female creature's outburst?”

“I believe I can,” Raven replied confidently, “It would seem that more than one of the Lords of the Weave are represented here.”

Fiona had returned to her seat by now, where she just sat and stared at the three midgets. “I thought you were on our side,” she said, addressing them directly.

The midgets hung their heads, a mixture of embarrassment and shame evident on those three little faces. I think they were about to reply when the wind roared once more.


“Enough,” it said, “We will listen to all arguments, starting with this three-fold man.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.