Saturday 7 June 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 27

 “I'll get that,” I said, turning to head for the kitchen.

Once there, I quickly found the jug and began to run the cold tap. As I did, a new explosion of nausea erupted in my stomach, disorientation laying siege to my head. My legs turned to jelly, threatening to give way. I reached out, grabbing the sink to hold on for dear life. I felt like acid was burning in my chest and belly while the room span around me. I leaned forward, feeling a coughing fit rising through my throat, my grip tightening until my knuckles were white. Then it came: painful, acidic retching, the last drops of bile leaving my body.

“Is everything okay, Robert?” I heard mum shout from the other room.


“Fine,” I coughed back, standing up straight. And remarkably, I was. As I released my grip on the sink, I realised that I'd not felt that alive in years, maybe ever. “Hey, ho,” I said to myself, splashing my face with water and rinsing my mouth. Drying my face quickly, I filled the jug and returned to the living room, where Raven was playing with mud.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.