Sunday 8 June 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 28

 While my son was in the kitchen getting that jug of water, Raven began shaping the pile of earth from the plant pot on the table. He swirled it around with his hand to make a well, looked at his dirty fingers for a moment, then tutted to himself and wiped it off on the edge of his overalls. Next, he patted his pockets, looking for something.

Both Mary and I were watching him closely, couldn't help ourselves. There was something about him, especially when he was preoccupied or busy, you just couldn't take your eyes off him.

After a few seconds of searching, he was beginning to look frustrated. “Where is that blasted thing?” he said, mainly to himself I think, “I'm sure I had one with me.”

From the kitchen we heard the sound of Robert being sick: a terrible sound if ever I heard one. My wife and I looked at each other, she was obviously more worried than ever.

“Is everything okay, Robert?” she shouted, to which she got a terse “Fine.”


Raven was still patting his pockets when Oak said “Here, use mine,” reaching forward to offer him the nub of a candle.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.