Wednesday 25 June 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 45

 Once again, a silence descended on the room as that Strauss creature finished speaking. I looked at my wife, she was obviously mortified by what she'd heard, then my son, who was looking very concerned in the direction of his wife. Finally I looked at Fiona, who was just stood there, her head shaking from side to side.

“No, no, no,” she was muttering, “This is all wrong.”

“What would you have us do about this so-called epidemic?” Water asked, breaking the silence with a splash.

“My master proposes a cull,” Strauss replied.

“A what?” Mary demanded, just beating me with my own questions. “What does that mean?”

“My master fears there is no alternative,” Strauss told her, “The only option is a radical reduction in the size of their population.”

“You cant just go killing innocent people,” she said.


“No?” Strauss asked, “Is that any less then they themselves would do?”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.