Thursday 5 June 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 25

 Mary was looking daggers at Oak when she replied. “You go right ahead, Mister Raven,” she said, “A bit more cleaning is neither here nor there, as long as there's a house to clean when this is over.” She paused for a moment, biting her lip with worry. “This will be over, wont it?” she asked, “Sooner or later, I mean.”

“Sooner or later everything ends,” Raven told her, a sad smile in his mouth, “Even this.”

“Good,” she said, a shiver running through her shoulders.

Raven took her hand gently in his, looking her straight in the eye. “I have to be honest with you,” he said, flashing a glance at me, “With you both. I do not know what will happen next. I only know that consulting the Council is the right thing to do at this time. I have no idea what conclusions they'll draw, or what decisions they'll make.”

“So they might still agree with Oak?” I asked cautiously, “Make these so-called structural changes.”


He nodded slowly. “They might.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.