Thursday 12 June 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 32

 The noise was ridiculous, savage and harsh, seemingly ripping through the whole house. For a second I thought the place was going to be swept away by one huge gust before I realised that I couldn't feel even the tiniest breeze. That confused me a little, more than it should have done really. I looked to the others, trying to ascertain their reactions, only to find them all staring at the table. Following their eyes I looked too, gasping with surprise at what I saw. There on the table, a tiny whirwind, no more than a few inches tall, danced in circles around Raven's well of earth.

“Well I never,” I said, feeling a bit impish, “That's something you don't see every day.”

“Edward!” Mary protested.

“What?” I asked, feigning innocence, “I was just saying.”

“We think you'll find,” the voice of Strauss came from beneath that hood, “That there are more marvels to be witnessed yet.”


As he finished speaking, Strauss pointed at the table. There, in the well of earth, surrounding the burning candle, tiny waves had begun to ripple through the water.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.