Sunday 2 December 2012

Episode 5 - Chapter 89


“For how long?” Tom asks urgently.

“A few seconds, nothing more.”

“Tell me exactly what happened."

Robert tries to remember every detail as he gives his account, every emotion he felt, what his mother did while he was in her head.

“And it was the chuckle?” Tom asks, “That snapped you out of it?”

“Yes,” he confirms, “It was like I suddenly remembered I had my own body.”

“I think you may be lucky, there should be no permanent damage.”

“Thank God. So now you answer my questions. Why bring me here?”

“It is the safest...”

“The safest place you could think of. I get that. But why do you want to keep me safe, and from who?”

“You are a wake walker,” comes the reply, “They'll all want to get to you before you discover what that means.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.