Friday 21 December 2012

Fifth Interlude - Part Eight



 “Indeed you did go with her,” Ash looks at Wesley for the first time. “Tell me,” he asks, “What were you thinking, and why run at all?”

“W-well,” Wesley stammers, “Given how old some of the stories are, and what those stories tell, I hoped I could mitigate some of the negative impact her presence in the Warp might have.”

“So you were aware there would be a 'negative impact'?”

“Of course I did,” is Wesley's exasperated reply. “I was an agent of the Forest. I just couldn't bear to have any more blood on my paws, not just then. What I did was, I thought, the next best thing. I thought I could try to change her mind over time, until I was ready to take the other approach.”

“But in the end you did neither. Why is that?”

“I fell in love.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.