Monday 17 December 2012

Fifth Interlude - Part Four


“Tell me about this woman,” Ash commands. “What was it you saw in her?”

“R-rebecca,” Wesley stutters, “Her name was Rebecca. She looked stunning, stood in that doorway, whispers of the Weave hanging around her like a shroud. I've never thought homo sapiens were much to look at, but she was the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen. As I entered the house she told me she knew who I was. Not what I was exactly, but why I was there. I asked her what she thought that was. When I did that, the shroud around her glistened. “Get rid of me,” she said, but I was completely certain I was talking to another woman.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.