Sunday 23 December 2012

Fifth Interlude - Part Ten


 “No,” Wesley confesses. “At first I was biding my time. Just getting myself back. I didn't really care for her, I just didn't want her to die. From time to time I'd talk to Rebecca about letting Lillith go, but it always ended with shouting and harsh words. And then later, of course, I didn't want Lillith to go either.”

“You didn't care for her?” Ash repeats, standing behind him, “But you couldn't pass the decision on her fate to somebody better qualified?”

“Okay, maybe I did care, maybe I lied to myself, I don't know. There was something about her that made me feel protective, I don't know why. The more I got to know her, the more those feelings grew.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.