Saturday 15 December 2012

Fifth Interlude - Part Two


“I surrendered myself,” Wesley protests. “I've come of my own accord to face the music.”

“Only because your little adventure finally died of old age,” Ash retorts contemptuously. “Now that it's over you think you'll return to the Forest and everything will go back to normal.”

Wesley winces at that, the pain of her passing still a raw open wound. “It... it wasn't an adventure,” he stammers, “I just couldn't do it. Not when I had to. And when I could do it, I didn't want to.”

“And that is a great pity. Now, a judgement will have to be passed. Consequences will have to be faced and accepted. You do understand that, don't you?”

“Of course I do!”

“Good. Now you must tell me everything that happened.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.