Tuesday 25 December 2012

Fifth Interlude - Part Twelve


 “What happened?” Ash demands, “And who was it?”

“Corvus,” Wesley tells him. “I walked round a corner and there he was, standing right in front of me.”

“What did you do?”

“I threw myself at his mercy, begged him, pleaded with him. I told him that there had to be another way.”

“What did he do?”

“He looked at me, rather taken aback I think, then it seemed like something just occurred to him. He said “Maybe you're right. Good luck with your thing.” And then he walked away, I never saw him again.”

Ash returns to his seat. “You told him there had to be another way?”

“Yes,” Wesley confirms, “Is that significant?”

“It may well be.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.