Sunday 16 December 2012

Fifth Interlude - Part Three


“It started,” Wesley begins, “When I arrived at a village, in Yorkshire somewhere, in 1923. It was dusk, which made locating the imbalance a bit of a doddle. There were traces everywhere, sparkling brightest round a single cottage set apart from the rest. There was no red; in the residue I mean, which I remember thinking was odd. I wandered round the cottage, getting my bearings and making sure I was at the right place. Once I was certain, I was about to knock when the front door opened.

“I know why you're here,” she said, the woman who answered the door. “You'd better come in.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.