Monday 31 December 2012

Episode 6 - Chapter 3


I was halfway to the door before I realised that Oak had followed me. He positioned himself out of sight from whoever would be beyond and watched me closely. The knock came again, louder, more insistent.

“Alright,” I shouted, “I'm coming.”

Opening the door I found myself looking at a teenage boy. I say boy, but I really mean urchin – he could've stepped straight from the pages of a Charles Dickens novel, right down to the soot.

“Yes?” I smiled at him.

“We would speak with Oak,” the boy replied in a voice so deep it was more felt than heard.

“I'm sorry...” I started without thinking, but Oak cut past me.

“That's fine Edward,” he said, “I shall take it from here.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.