Tuesday 1 January 2013

Episode 6 - Chapter 4


I was straining to hear, well, anything actually, when my husband returned looking rather forlorn. I gave him my expectant, I'm waiting look.

“Oliver Twist has come to talk with Oak,” he shrugged.

I waited, continuing with the look.

“Young boy, maybe twelve,” he told me, “Dressed in the rags of a Victorian guttersnipe, has come to see Oak and talk in an unnaturally deep voice. My presence wasn't required, so now I'm here with you.”

“What do you think of Oak?” I asked quickly.

“I don't like the blighter,” he replied. “He either thinks that we're somehow the problem, or that we don't matter at all. I suppose to him we don't.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.