Friday 4 January 2013

Episode 6 - Chapter 7


“This one's from around 1760,” I said, handing Oak the oldest map I had. “It's not the original map, of course, that's kept with the parish records. And this is the nineteen twenties one.”

Oak was already unrolling the first scroll of paper as I handed him the second.

“How is it,” he asked, “That a man such as yourself comes to have an extensive collection of old maps?”

“I'm a bit of a buff about local folklore,” I told him, “It helps to know the geography when you're trying to understand a tradition.”

“Well I'm thankful for a local folklore buff,” Oak replied, “Your knowledge may yet be of some assistance to us.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.