Thursday 24 January 2013

Episode 6 - Chapter 27


“Fresh Dreamers!” The dock worker shouts again, then glances at Fiona. “What about you luv, a fresh dreamer or two for your pleasure this evening?”

“What use do you think I'd have for a dreamer?” Fiona asks, “I wouldn't know what do do with it.”

The worker leans forward, peering at her curiosity. Something clicks in his mind, a flicker of recognition maybe, and panic fills his face. “I'm sorry,” he gasps, “I didn't realise, wasn't paying attention, sorry. I'll put them all back.”

“Whatever,” Fiona says, “Do as you please. But don't be offering me things I don't need.”

“O' course, your ladyship,” the worker says, “Stupid of me to ask. Fine lady like yerself, probably had more than plenty of dreams of your own.”

“I'm sorry,” Fiona retorts, “What do you mean by that?”

The worker catches a frown from Strauss. “Nothing,” he declares, “Nothing at all. I've never seen you before in my life, I'm just a lowly sandman.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.