Monday 14 January 2013

Episode 6 - Chapter 17


“Do you know... who I am?” The old man repeats his question.

“No,” replies Raven, “Should I?”

“I... I don't... I don't know,” the man says, “I don't know... know... who I am either. I was... I was... I was hoping... hoping you could tell me.”

“Well we can't,” snaps the guide harshly. “But I wouldn't worry if I were you, if you're living here it doesn't matter who you are.”

“Steady on,” Raven admonishes.

“W... w... why?” stutters the old man, “Where... where am I?”

“If the Weave is a barrel,” the guide says, “Then you are at its very bottom. Now,” he turns to Raven, “There's a clear bit of wall over there, why don't you use your chalk and we can get away from here.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.