Sunday 20 January 2013

Episode 6 - Chapter 23


“Yes,” agrees the Captain, “The wrong wish would be disastrous, not just for the girl.”

“Why?” asks Fiona. “What could go wrong?”

“Many things,” Strauss replies, “Many, many things. One doesn't meddle with the archetypes. Now, the wish must protect the narrative while extracting m'lady from her central role, so it must be retroactive in its effect.”

“Oh for heaven's sake,” Fiona fumes, “Why does everything round here have to be so bloody complicated. I wish I'd never come here. I wish I'd gone to, I don't know, the seaside instead.”

“Oh dear,” says the Captain, as the walls around them begin to dissolve.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.