Saturday 26 January 2013

Episode 6 - Chapter 29


“Well?” Fiona demands, “Have you seen me before?”

“Teenage boy?” the pirate interjects, “Preferably European?”

“I didn't mean nothing by it,” the sandman protests, “Don't know why I said it. I've got a customer here, leave me alone. Now sir,” he turns his back on Fiona to address the pirate, “What kind of age were you looking for? I've a thirteen, a fourteen and a seventeen.”

“Thirteen would be perfect,” replies the pirate. How much...”

“You will be quiet,” Fiona cuts the pirate off. His mouth keeps moving but there's no sound, which brings a look of horror to his face. “And you,” she says to the sandman, “You do not turn your back on me,” Fiona declares, “You will tell me if you've seen me before.”

The sandman turns, obviously against his will, panic and terror fighting for control of his eyes. “One... once or twice” he stammers, then gestures at the harbour, “We all have, you fetch a pretty penny when you're dreaming.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.