Thursday 3 January 2013

Episode 6 - Chapter 6


“Not a recent one,” my husband told him, “But I have some vintage maps in the study. I could tell you what's changed over time.”

“They will do splendidly,” Oak boomed, sounding pleased, “Please fetch them at once.”

Edward hurried off to the study, returning quickly with a number of map rolls in his arms. “They're mostly from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries,” he said, “Though I did have one from the twenties somewhere.”

“Show me two,” Oak ordered, “The oldest, and the most recent.”

“Has something happened?” I asked, taken aback by this sudden change in Oak.

“Oh yes, my dear Mary,” there was actually a twinkle in his eye, “Something has most definitely happened.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.