Wednesday 2 January 2013

Episode 6 - Chapter 5


“On the contrary,” Oak declared, entering the room briskly. “You most certainly do matter, and I must apologise if my manner has suggested otherwise. I am older than I look, and forget that people have feelings.”

“But you don't believe what we've told you, do you?” I responded sharply.

“It's not so much that I don't believe you...” He paused for a moment. “The human memory is an unreliable tool. You move about so much it's hard for you to remember everything, and what you do remember is so very subjective. Part of my role here is to question everything, to find the right thing to do. Please,” he smiled, and it actually felt genuine, “Please don't take it personally.” He looked round the room quickly. “Now,” he continued, “Do you have a map of the local area?”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.