Wednesday 16 January 2013

Episode 6 - Chapter 19


The door disappears as they step through, replaced by a row of bushes sliding into place behind them. In front of them, more rows are moving as well, as are bushes above and somehow, impossibly, below them. There is row upon row of bushes, all moving in synchronised chaos.

“Oh my word,” says the guide, suddenly recovered from his nausea. “I didn't believe this place existed.”

“Why?” Raven demands, “Where are we?”

“I thought this place was a myth,” the guide tells him, “A story invented by one of the Fears to keep us all in line. I can tell you one thing, if your girl is here, we'll never find her.”

“Why?” Raven demands again.

“I believe,” says the guide, “I believe we have found Escher's worst nightmare.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.