Thursday 28 February 2013

Episode 6 - Chapter 62


 “The Council of what?” I asked.

“Elements,” Oak replied.

Mary's face had taken on a very serious look. Quietly, she stood up and left the room. Oak's eyes followed her out of the door.

“What is the Council of Elements?” I asked.

“It is the ultimate Authority,” Oak told me. “It was the Council that first understood what kind of danger the Weave posed. The formation of the Forest was their response.”

“I'll assume their involvement is not good news,” I said.

“It is certainly unusual,” he replied. “I know of only a handful of occasions when they've concerned themselves with the Warp itself.”

“And when they do?” I asked, looking at the map rather than see his face when he answered.

He looked at the map with me. “There is usually a swift resolution.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.