Saturday 27 July 2013

Episode 7 - Chapter 90

Mere moments after the cats had departed did they return. If I'd thought their ninja poses had been bizarre, what they did next just looked ludicrous. They rushed into the room, in their human guise, and began to circle Oak, meowing loudly.

The expression on his face changed quickly from mildly wary to intrigued to astonished. His body seemed to tense for a moment, I heard a crack, then watched him stand, free of our home made shackles.

Well now,” he said, removing his gag, “That is what I believe you'd call a turn up for the books.”

Why?” I asked, “What's happened?”

We have had word from Raven,” he said, nodding at the cats.

You see,” I said, “I told you he'd surprise you.”

Oh that's not the surprise, no, no, not at all.”

Then what is?” Edward demanded.


The cats,” Oak replied, rubbing his wrists, “The cats have chosen a side.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.