Saturday 2 August 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 83

 “Be on your guard,” Fiona shout from the living room, “They may have changed their appearance.”

“We've found their trousers,” I shouted a triumphant reply from the top of the stairs. Raven turned to look at me, scowling. “Well, it's a pair of trousers,” I corrected myself, which only caused Raven to scowl all the more.

“There were shoes in the kitchen,” Robert called from the hallway, “Just a single pair. They were in the dishwasher!”

Raven's expression returned to a deep frown as he turned back to the trousers. “Curious,” he said, picking them up.

“Anything down there, Edward?” I called to my husband, which elicited another harsh look from Raven.

“Can we try to keep the noise down Mary,” he said as he ran the trousers through his fingers. It didn't feel like a question. He shoved his hands into the tiny trouser pockets. “Nothing,” he grunted, finally casting the garment aside.

“Sorry,” I apologised, following him to our bedroom, almost walking into his back when he stopped suddenly.


“Eyes and ears open,” he said curtly, pointing at the bed, “Mouth closed.” There, in the centre of Edward's pillow, sat a tiny, neatly folded jacket.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.