Tuesday 5 August 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 86

 “We've found a jacket,” I shouted from the bedroom doorway, which earned me another scowl from Raven.

“Mary!” he scolded, holding his finger to his lips.

“Sorry,” I whispered in reply, shrugging my shoulders meekly.

I watched as Raven searched the room: sliding open the doors of the fitted wardrobes, pushing clothes aside, fighting his way past piles of shoes. For a moment I almost felt embarrassed, a feeling that disappeared when the door slid shut. He knelt on the floor, grunting a little, to scour under the bed, then quickly examined the bedside tables, opening and closing drawers in quick succession.

I don't know why, but I just stood there, somehow unable to pitch in and help while also feeling slightly awkward as he searched through our most intimate possessions. It was an odd feeling, one I still can't explain, but I mean how would you feel watching a stranger stick his hand in your knicker-drawer?

Thankfully he finished in no time at all and we returned to the landing. We were just about to enter the second bedroom when I was sure I felt something brush past me.

“What was that?” I demanded, looking round me.

“What was what?” he asked, looking concerned.


“I don't know,” I replied, still startled, rubbing my hands together to get rid of the sensation. “I think something moved up here.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.