Tuesday 12 August 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 93

 I reached the top of the stairs just ahead of Raven. Looking down I saw my son by the front door. He glanced round, seeing me, then turned sharply to look closer at the wall, or at least that's how it looked to me.

“'Scuse me, Mary,” Raven said as he pushed past me, descending quickly to join Robert. Sad to say I'm not that spry any longer, so I followed behind at my own pace.

“What is it lad, what did you see?” Raven asked as he joined my boy.

“Nothing,” Robert replied, almost absent mindedly, “I haven't seen anything, but I keep hearing...” His voice trailed away to silence.

“Yes?” Raven asked, “What do you hear?”

That's when I saw a movement. I was halfway down when, just for a second, something flashed between the two of them, moving towards the back of the house.

“There!” I shouted, pointing, “It's going towards the kitchen!”

“What is it?” Raven shouted as they both turned together, “What did you see?” They both set off down the hall.


“I don't know,” I called back, trying to hurry down the last steps. I reached the bottom just in time to see them collide with Edward and Oak as they stumbled up from the cellar.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.