Thursday 14 August 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 95

 “Where are they?” Mary asked, looking round.

It was obvious, even to me, that those words weren't being spoken by a physical mouth, of for that matter three mouths. The sound of them was too dense, too resonant, it was as if the house itself was speaking.

“I don't know,” Raven replied, “They could be anywhere.” He, too, looked around him, then began gently guiding us all towards the living room. “They could be everywhere! Right now, we should be back in there.”

“We had hoped it wouldn't come to this,” the voice filled the air once more, “But, we are afraid to say, our master was very clear in his instructions.”

Robert walked into the living room first. Mary grabbed hold of me, she must have thought I needed some support after our mishap, and we hobbled in together, followed by Raven and Oak.

There in front of us stood Fiona, eyes closed, arms outstretched. She looked so strange standing there, otherworldly even, I'd have sworn she was actually glowing.

“There can be no bridge between the Warp and the Weave,” Strauss voice boomed, even louder. “We had hoped you might understand that.”

I felt the air move around me, we all did I think, as something unseen raced past us.


Fiona's eyes shot open, wide and bright. “Stop,” she said calmly, and the world around us froze.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.