Friday 1 August 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 82

 “The idea of our cellar...” I said slowly. Part of me understood, while at the same time there was a part of me that just found the idea so challenging. There was the cellar, right in front of us. Surely it was what it was. But then, how did it get to be so tidy, when just a few hours earlier it had been in such chaos? “I do get it,” I told Oak, “But...”

“Maybe it would be for the best,” he replied, “If you didn't think about it too much.”

For once, I found myself agreeing with him, resolving there and then to put it out of my mind until I had time to think properly. Preferably, I thought, with the aid of a large scotch.

“You're right,” I said, pulling at my belt to straighten my trousers. “Where do we begin?”

Before he could reply we heard Fiona shout from the living room above. “Be on your guard,” she warned, “They may have changed their appearance.”

“Marvellous,” Oak sighed, not quite under his breath, “We could have saved ourselves a lot of trouble if we'd just followed the usual protocols.”


I couldn't help glaring at him, lost for words. “Sorry,” he said, lifting a box from the top of the pile in front of us, “Force of habit. We've got a lot to get through,” he continued, looking reluctantly at the scale of the task before us, “We'd better just start here and work our way through.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.