Wednesday 6 August 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 87

 I was watching my wife from the living room doorway , listening to the conversation she and the Angel were engaged in, when I heard mum's surprised exclamation from upstairs.

“Is everything okay up there?” I shouted, which gave Fiona a bit of a start.

“Fine,” Raven responded immediately, “Everything's fine.”

“I'm not sh...” mum said at the same time, then went silent for a second. “It's okay,” she said, “Keep looking.”

Fiona looked right at me with an expression I couldn't quite interpret. I was sure she was going to say something when the Angel said something else I didn't quite catch and her attention moved on.

“I'm sorry,” she said, “I don't understand.”

I made myself concentrate, listening closely to his reply. “This is your world,” he said, “It will bend to your will.”


He continued speaking but I didn't catch what was said, my attention snatched away by a rustling sound coming from somewhere near the front door.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.