Wednesday 13 August 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 94

 Raven and I were racing up the hall in pursuit of something we hadn't seen, when dad stumbled out of the cellar, closely followed by Oak. I was moving too fast to avoid them, though I tried to turn away, banging into them both, bringing us all stumbling to the ground.

“Is everybody okay?” Mum asked from the end of the passage. Raven reached down, offering me his arm to pull me up. As I got to my feet, Dad sat upright, rubbing his head.

“That was a lucky escape,” he said, untangling his limbs from Oak's.

I helped Dad to his feet, while Raven assisted Oak. Once we were all upright, Dad put his hand on Oak's shoulder.

“I think I would have been a goner there,” he said, “If you hadn't reacted so quickly. Thankyou.”

By that time, Mum had caught up with the four of us. “For what?” she asked, almost accusingly.

“Never mind that,” Raven said brusquely, “We need to get back in there.” He pointed to the living room door. “Chop, chop!”


“We are sorry, M'lady,” the voice of Strauss filled the house, too loud to be spoken by any one mouth, or even three. “We really do not have a choice in this matter.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.