Sunday 3 August 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 84

 Walking back into the living room, tiny shoes in hand, I couldn't help but pause and wonder for a moment if my wife had finally gone mad. There she was, sat alone, seemingly chatting away to herself.

“Yes I know that,” she was saying, a tiny bead of frustration decorating her brow, “But what do you expect us to do? This isn't the Weave, as well you know, we have to pay attention to little things like physics and...”

She stopped short, obviously interrupted by her unseen Angel. All kinds of worries filled my head then: how long would this go on for? Would she ever recover? Would the world ever seem normal and mundane ever again.

It was as I watched her, turbulent questions swimming through my mind, that I began to hear the voice myself. It started as a thin whine, the high pitched complaining of an old analogue radio being tuned in, but the more I listened the more I could make sense of it. I'm not sure they were words exactly, but I certainly began to understand the message.


“That is true,” our invisible protagonist was saying, “You most certainly are not in the Weave. But you have to remember, you're no longer in the Warp either. The usual limitations do not apply there, certainly not to you!”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.