Thursday 20 September 2012

Episode 5 - Chapter 16


The Author considers the question for a moment before replying. “Information,” he says, “What you have is information.”

“Very well then,” Raven replies, “In return for a collapsible door, or a suitable alternative, I will answer... shall we say three questions.”

The Author's face sours for the first time. “No. If I help you, I put myself on the wrong side of one or two of the Fears. That's a risky position. The price, therefore, should be much higher. You will provide full and thorough accounts to five lines of enquiry.”

“Four,” Raven replies.

“This is not a negotiation, Corvus. Remember you came to me. The price is five full accounts. Pay it, or don't.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.