Sunday 2 September 2012

Fourth Interlude - Part Fifteen


“I didn't get lost! I'd had enough.”

“And you threw your toys out of the pram and stomped off into the Weave. And now you're homesick and you want to go back to the woodland or pit or mountain your kind calls home. Been there! Done that!”

“What? You mean you...”

“Shirked my responsibilities and ran away? Yup.”

“Why? Did you run away, I mean?”

She sighed, sadly. “There was a fortress at a place called Masada, I wasn't there long before an Authority arrived. There were so many children, and all to avoid an inconvenience. I thought we could get them out, but it wasn't my choice to make. What about you?”

“Calcutta,” I mumbled, my shame still raw in my chest.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.